I’ve mentioned in the past that I don’t like making blankets very much… Or at all. But for some crazy reason, I’ve found myself in the middle of crocheting a new blanket. I thought that making a blanket that was relevant to my interests would encourage me to keep at it and finish it in a timely manner. Unfortunately, it was only effective for one of those things. I am still working on it, but I started working on it back in September of last year. Not so timely, huh?
Not only is it crazy that I’m making a blanket; I’m making it out of exactly 418 3″ x 3″ squares! 418! I finished the squares after only a month or two, but I ran into a snag while joining them. Down to the bottom of my project bag it went. I finally dug it out again a few weeks ago, and I’m going through the painstaking process of weaving in the ends on every square before joining.
I have a design in mind so I chose a join with almost no ridges that would look the same on each side. Unfortunately, I don’t remember where I found the information on the join, but I think it’s this join from the Lion Brand website.
Also, the granny squares themselves were made using the pattern Solid Granny Squares on Ravelry.
I don’t want to give away any information on the design just yet. I’ll be posting teaser pictures as it comes along. Hopefully it won’t take another year for me to finish. 😉