When I last posted, I talked about the problems I was having with sock knitting. I’ve been using Kate Atherley’s cuff down training sock pattern and ran into some trouble with the gusset and rejoining after the heel turn.
After my last failure, I frogged my unfinished sock and started over. Honestly, I don’t know what I did wrong before, but I somehow managed to avoid it this time around.
I’ve been trying to learn how to knit a sock for more than a year now, though I was trying to use the two at a time, toe-up method before. I managed to finish a pair of socks using that method, but they didn’t come out right. There was something wrong with the heel stitches so I don’t really count those socks as a success.
But the other day I finished my improved sock…
And it came out looking beautiful!
The only complaint I have is that I forgot to mark the instep stitches so the instep is a little lopsided. You can barely tell when you see it though, unless you look closely.
I’m so excited to have finally figured this out! It’s been my goal ever since I started knitting. Can’t wait to try making some fancy new socks! (Especially those Harry Potter patterns!)
In other news, I gave the gifts I made for Christmas away. I’ll have another post up with pictures in a few days, even though I only made a couple gifts this year.
Video related: how I felt after finishing the sock